Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Something Funny

Sorry, no rant today. Something very funny occurred today however. We got some new gadgets at work today, one of them being UPSs for our computers (no not the Post Office - Uninterruptible Power Supplies). I shut my computer down, hook everything up to the UPS and start my computer back up. Yay, take that possible power outtages.

Well as luck and irony would have it, just before 5 pm there was a power outtage. As the power is going off, I'm thinking, "Awesome, good thing we just happened to get these in today." Then my computer shuts off...

What I had failed to realize is that of the 8 slots, only 4 of them will actually use the UPS battery, and the other 4 are just surge protectors. Yeah, you guessed it. My computer and moniters were plugged into the surge protector side of the UPS, not the battery side.

Let that be a lesson to you. If you get a UPS...and some of the slots say "Battery" on them...it's not for plugging battery operated devices into. :P

2 comments:

Timothe Skye Loya said...

Eh.... reading has always been for losers... :)

CheshireKate said...

and directions are for wimps (lol)